The third roundtable in the SubOptic Spotlight series – representing vessel owners, medics and security experts – will discuss the current and future impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on marine operations. Register today to hear more about the priorities, solutions and needs the industry is facing in this time of global crisis.
Click here to register.
This collaborative discussion on May 20th at 9 AM ET led by Alasdair Wilkie, CTO Marine, Digicel and Chairman of ACMA will feature industry experts Dr. Paddy Morgan, Medical Director, SSI Energy; Duncan Higham, Managing Director, SSI Energy; Bruce Neilson-Watts, Managing Director – Telecoms, Global Marine Systems Ltd; Shiun Jye, CEO, Asean Cableship PTE Ltd; Didier Dillard, CEO, Orange Marine and Elettra; Graham Evans, Managing Director; Global Subsea Cable Business at EGS & Chairman International Cable Protection Committee all providing their unique perspectives to marine operations.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Operational challenges for vessel owners in the submarine cable sector; permits, crew, and logistics.
- General health of the marine supply chain both now and looking ahead.
- COVID-19 screening, protective equipment and risk mitigation strategies for offshore operations.
- For up and coming projects in regions requiring special security, how COVID-19 impacts those measures.
- With the expectation that restrictions will start to ease, what would “normal” look like for vessel operators and what changes could we expect or hope to see in the future?
- What changes have been made during the current restrictions that will continue when we return to the new normal, i.e. what has been improved during the restrictions?
Interested in checking out the previous Spotlight episodes? Check out the recordings on the SubOptic website.