The digital landscape in Northern Virginia (NoVA) has reached a new milestone with the London Internet Exchange (LINX) expanding their collaboration with Microsoft into the United States. This strategic move introduces the Azure Peering Service (MAPS) at LINX NoVA, aligning with the 10th anniversary as the premier interconnection hub in the region.
LINX NoVA, renowned for its status as the largest neutral and only multi-site Internet Exchange Point (IXP) in NoVA, has been at the forefront of digital interconnection services for a decade. The launch of MAPS at this hub signifies a pivotal step in enhancing digital services and connectivity in the area.
The MAPS at LINX is a custom solution designed specifically for networks utilizing Microsoft’s key tools such as Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, and Dynamics 365. Having already seen successful deployment at LINX’s UK centers in London and Manchester, MAPS is essential for businesses that heavily depend on these applications for daily operations and customer engagement. With MAPS, LINX offers a direct connection to all public Microsoft cloud services, including Azure, 365, and Dynamics 365, accommodating networks of various sizes without a minimum traffic requirement.
LINX NoVA’s robust and interconnected ecosystem brings together a diverse array of networks, content providers, and service providers across multiple data centers in the NoVA metro area. This integration fosters an environment ripe for enhanced connectivity and innovation, propelling the region’s digital economy.
“We are thrilled to announce the availability of MAPS at LINX NoVA,” said Mike Hellers, Product Manager for LINX, about the launch. “Our UK hubs have shown a growing interest in MAPS, especially from enterprises, government, and public sectors. Extending this service to our US member network community adds significant value and presents a unique service for networks new to LINX.”
The introduction of MAPS at LINX NoVA reaffirms a commitment to elevating the digital infrastructure in the United States. This partnership presents numerous opportunities for network operators, content providers, and service providers to utilize this robust interconnection hub for their peering requirements, thereby enhancing their digital capabilities and reach.
The introduction of MAPS at LINX NoVA offers significant advantages:
- Fully Automated Ordering Process: Through the LINX portal, networks can experience a simplified and streamlined ordering process.
- Direct Cloud Connectivity: Operators gain direct access to any public Microsoft cloud service, ensuring efficient and integrated connections.
- Optimized Performance: With MAPS, network operators will enjoy low latency, reliable uptime, and advanced security, enhancing their overall network performance.
- Monitoring platform: Through the Azure portal, performance and availability of the Peering Service are made available through the Service monitoring platform. It offers a number of metrics including BGP session availability, packet drops, flap events latency and prefix events.
- Additionally, networks already connected to LINX can transition from ordering to active peering in just five minutes, demonstrating the efficiency and user-friendliness of th service.
LINX NoVA continues to thrive as a key hub for internet exchange, serving as a vital nexus for the digital world. With MAPS now live at this location, the benefits of efficient, low-latency peering are more accessible than ever.
Read the full release here.