Announced by LightRiver in sync with OFC 2023 this past week is the company’s latest version of its netFLEX® Transport Domain Orchestration and Control Software solutions: netFLEX 4.7.1.
This latest netFLEX platform release continues to expand upon its industry leading Open Optical support of multi-vendor and multi-technology automation of DWDM Open Line Systems, Coherent Pluggable Optics, Switch/Router Packet Edge, and next generation DCI/Transponders.
netFLEX 4.7.1 features support an API-first methodology for realtime inventory, programmable analytics, and control automation, as leveraged for Open Optical networking and broader inclusion within LightRiver’s award winning Alien Aware Networking® solution that provides network design, build, deploy, and end-to-end automation.
Examples of new technologies now supported by netFLEX include:
- Nokia 1830 PSS-8x/12x OTN Switching Inventory, Maintenance, & Provisioning Support
- Nokia 1830 PSS OTDR feature set, including baseline and historical tracking
- Cisco NCS4200 Series Circuit Emulation Support (layer 1 & 2) providing end to end inventory and maintenance of TDM & Packet services along the same path
- Smartoptics DCP-404 & 1610 transponder’s
- Smartoptics r7.1.1 for DCP-R-9D, M40, DCP-2
- Expanded Cisco NCS2000 Series equipment & services library
- Additional Juniper router models with Layer 1 inventory & maintenance support
- and More
“This latest release provides another significant expansion of the netFLEX Open Optical Network ecosystem,” states Mike Jonas, President, Global Customer Operations at LightRiver. “Our focus on practical automation is enabling operators from every market to modernize their operations and deliver new services more quickly and cost-effectively.”
Read the full release here.