In concert with the data center industry’s commitment to reducing carbon emissions and closing the gender gap, Involta released its inaugural Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) report. The 27-page report highlights the company’s unwavering dedication to integrating ESG principles into its operations.
With a focus on environmental responsibility, employee well-being, and strong governance practices, the launch of this ESG report represents a significant milestone in Involta’s journey toward achieving a deeper level of excellence and purpose.
As a Carlyle-backed company, Involta’s ESG framework was formed from the foundation of the company’s strategic vision. By leveraging unique resources and long-standing key partnerships, Involta strives to deliver advanced hybrid IT solutions that responsibly meet the evolving needs of its customers.
Involta ESG Report: The Framework
The ESG framework outlined in Involta’s report reflects the company’s overarching strategy and goals. It also aligns with the company’s commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with a focus on six specific goals where Involta believes it can make a positive contribution.
Involta’s ESG goals are intricately woven into its strategy and targets, as further elaborated upon in the report. A preview of the company’s core pillars includes:
- Managing and Minimizing Environmental Footprint: Involta is committed to reducing its environmental impact through proactive measures aimed at conserving resources, optimizing energy efficiency, and minimizing waste. By adopting sustainable practices and embracing renewable energy solutions, the company seeks to contribute to a greener future.
- Caring for People – Employees, Contractors, and Communities: Involta recognizes that its success is driven by its people. The company is dedicated to prioritizing the well-being and safety of its employees, contractors, and the communities in which it operates. By fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, promoting employee growth and development, and actively engaging in community initiatives, Involta aims to create a positive and sustainable social impact. In 2022, Involta employees volunteered more than 261 hours.
- Sound Business Practices and Good Governance: Involta upholds the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and transparency in its business operations. Through robust governance practices, the company ensures responsible decision-making, effective risk management, and compliance with regulatory requirements. By maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and promoting accountability, it aims to build trust and inspire confidence among its customers, partners, and investors.
Involta’s CEO on ESG Reporting
“Since the beginning, Involta has put environmental impact and the development of our people at the center of what we do and how we move forward. This inaugural report of our robust and ongoing ESG initiatives will lay out clearly and comprehensively our commitment to the initiatives that are crucial to our company and our leadership,” states Involta President and CEO Jim Buie.
Involta ESG Report Highlights
Key highlights from Involta’s inaugural ESG report include:
- The company is leveraging 35% carbon-free energy
- 21% of Involta’s staff are female professionals
- <0.2L per 1kWh Water usage effectiveness
- The company has increased its energy efficiency by 50% (from its flagship site to its latest development)
For more information about Involta’s ESG report, you can view and download the report here.