The cost of switching from disposable, single-use air filters to washable, reusable ones is an important factor for data centers and industrial facilities.
Just one K&N Engineering air filter can replace 15+ years worth of disposable filters, reducing the cost of annual materials, labor and power. Additionally, K&N Engineering air filters provide premium performance with high air flow and low restriction, resulting in lowered energy consumption and lowered restrictions on air flow. The savings in energy costs could amount to millions of dollars for data centers due to this improved efficiency.
The most cost-effective way to extend the life of your K&N Engineering washable and reusable industrial air filters is to take care of them properly and maintain them. Use these five tips to get the most out of our washable, reusable industrial air filters:
- Easy clean-up. It is very simple to remove the filter and rinse it from the back. Take care to direct the flow of water from the clean side of the filter toward the dirty side of the filter. Then dry and reinstall
- Use cold water. You should wash K&N Engineering air filters with cold water, which means you don’t have to heat the water.
- Lower the pressure. Using normal water pressure (not to exceed 100psi) instead of pressure washers or high-pressure nozzles saves water (and energy) and translates into cost savings
- Don’t use chemicals. There is no need for cleaning solutions or solvents with reusable and washable filters from K&N Engineering.
- Wash every two to four years. Washing your K&N Engineering air filters every two to four years, depending on the environment will prolong the life of your filters and save on replacement costs and landfill space.
K&N Engineering has a long history of superior performance and sustainability and the company’s eco-friendly, reusable and washable industrial and data center air filters save money, energy, labor and supply costs over traditional disposable air filters…all while benefiting Mother Earth.
Learn more about K&N Engineering industrial air filters at www.knfilters.com/industrial.