China Telecom do Brasil, the Brazilian subsidiary of China Telecom Americas, recently received attention from Exame, a São Paulo-based magazine specializing in economics and business, for the company’s increased focus on Brazil. Recognizing the importance of the largest economy in Latin America, China Telecom do Brasil has invested in the country this year in more ways than one.
Earlier this year, China Telecom do Brasil launched a new cloud offering that will connect Brazil and parts of Latin America to China and beyond. The company’s new General Manager, Denis Monteleone recently came on board to further develop its information communications technology solutions within the country.
Monteleone recently sat down with Exame to discuss the big plans the company has to grow its offerings in Brazil and Latin America. In the article, Monteleone candidly discusses a number of topics:
- China Telecom’s global priorities
- The company’s plans to grow its offerings and connect Brazilian companies into China and Chinese companies into Brazil
- Why its interest in Brazil is growing now
- Plans to grow its Brazilian employee base and points of presence offerings
- How China Telecom do Brasil employees can build business relationships by serving as a facilitator