Bloom Energy, a leading provider of alternative energy solutions, marks a decade of solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) production in Delaware this month. The milestone stands as a testament to Bloom’s substantial positive impact on the state and is a source of pride for the community.
As its 10th anniversary in the First State approaches, Bloom takes a moment to reflect on 10 significant ways it has impacted the Delaware community.
- Enabling The Transition to Green Energy: Ten years ago, Bloom strategically established operations in Newark, Delaware, creating more than 800 high-quality clean energy jobs for local residents.
- Ready to Deploy Clean Hydrogen: In 2022, Bloom inaugurated its high-capacity electrolyzer manufacturing line, doubling its electrolyzer production capacity. This development solidifies Delaware’s reputation as a manufacturing hub and promises a prosperous future for the local workforce.
- Bloom’s Sustainability Impact: Bloom’s commitment to sustainability has led to the mitigation of 4,332 metric tons of carbon emissions, demonstrating its dedication to a greener tomorrow. *Metric Tonnes CO2e Market-Based Indirect Emissions from Purchased Energy Includes Scope 2 energy consumption from Bloom facilities in California, Delaware, South Korea, and India. Assumptions are made for shared facilities where necessary.
- Uplifting The Community: Through the Star & Strides Delaware event, Bloom raised $11,000 for the Delaware Center for Homeless Veterans and the Delaware National Guard Youth Foundation, showing the company’s commitment to supporting local organizations aiding people experiencing homelessness and veterans.
- Building Talent Locally: Bloom has developed a talent pipeline with the University of Delaware and Delaware Technical Community College (DTCC), investing in local talent development and professional growth.
- Encouraging Innovation: Bloom Energy offers annual scholarship programs in partnership with DTCC, making higher education more accessible to deserving students.
- Pioneering Clean Energy: Over the past decade, Bloom has delivered over 15,000 Bloom Energy Servers to meet energy demands, promoting sustainability and reliable, eco-friendly energy sources.
- Fostering Community Well-Being: Bloom Energy has invested in air quality control and information systems, prioritizing the health and welfare of the local community.
- A Circular Approach: Bloom Energy’s Repair and Overhaul Operations team in Delaware recycles and reuses an impressive 98% of materials, setting an eco-conscious example for other businesses across the great First State and beyond.
- Investing in Clean Energy: Bloom Energy’s substantial investment of approximately $40.5 million in Delaware has profoundly impacted sustainable energy leadership, generating significant revenue and employment opportunities for the state.
Leaders from Bloom, officials from state and local governments, and members of the Newark, Delaware, community will join in celebrating this milestone of positive change and growth.