As travel bans and live event cancellations continue to occur in light of the growing Coronavirus concerns, there’s still a need to connect as an industry, share developments and trends, learn from one another and collectively grow.
Additionally, if you are like many in the industry and have dedicated a considerable amount of your marketing budget to live events, now is an opportunity to consider new and innovative ways to increase brand equity, thought leadership and lead generation for your company. This will also help mitigate the risk of committing such a large share of your overall marketing spend on just one or two key investments, and instead ensure a more multi-channel approach to your messaging and impact.
According to McKinsey & Company, the average B2B customer will consult SIX DIFFERENT CHANNELS before making a key purchasing decision, so it’s important to employ a 360-degree approach, engaging prospects across multiple communications and educational channels, for more brand impact.
Some fresh marketing approaches include:
- Virtual webinar series
- Weekly or monthly podcast broadcasts
- Live social media events such as LinkedIn Live or Twitter Chats
- Digital ads, particularly targeting ideal customer accounts and key buyers
- Virtual power lunches – or virtual ‘Meet and Eats’- sending lunch to prospects’ offices during virtual meetings
- Virtual Roundtable and panel speaking spots and sponsorships
- Video interviews or whiteboard animations on your latest news and products
- Enhanced social following with key influencers and prospects
- Quality educational content and steady calls to action for distribution via news channels, relevant social boards and automated email workflows
- Virtual press conferences for breaking news
- Competitive benchmarking reports and SEO audits and refresh
And so much more. Click here for more personalized brainstorming.
To keep our community updated with the most current information, here’s a roster of upcoming industry events that have been canceled, rescheduled, changed format or are being held as scheduled. We suggest you bookmark this link as we will be updating it in real-time, as we get more information from our event partners. Additionally, many events will be hosting virtual keynotes and panels in the interim, which we will post here as well.
Any other ideas or updates, please email us at [email protected]. We want to hear from you- and please stay safe, our industry family. And stay connected.