Megaport has deployed its SDN Cloud On-Ramp in EdgeConneX Warsaw data center allowing businesses in Poland and throughout Eastern Europe to leverage leading cloud platforms locally while reducing operational costs and increasing scale by leveraging multiple on-demand cloud services, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Oracle Cloud among others.
“Relative to other markets in the region, Warsaw is relatively underserved with purpose-built data centers and world-class offerings.” – Dan Bizo Principal Analyst for Datacenter Services & Infrastructure Channel at 451 Research
The Warsaw implementation is a continuation of the EdgeConneX business mission and strategy to bring premier Edge data center and cloud services to developing and “in need” markets around the world as unexpected market drivers change the landscape in real-time.
“Through integration with leading cloud providers, Megaport simplifies the process of connecting to the cloud. With Megaport Cloud Router, customers can also connect cloud-to-cloud with ease and in real-time.” – Eric Troyer, Chief Marketing Officer for Megaport
Key Service Features and Benefits
- Reliable, direct, private connections that bypass the public internet.
- Available global ecosystem of leading Cloud Service Providers, including Alibaba, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Nutanix, Oracle Cloud, Salesforce, and SAP.
- Enable hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-to-cloud architectures via point-and-click provisioning with the intelligent Megaport Cloud Router.
- Localize applications and terminate traffic closer to the edge where performance matters.
- Elastic connectivity supports business needs and aligns to cloud consumption models.
“Businesses in these markets demand the ability to choose different clouds on-demand and want a truly local way of accessing leading cloud service providers and transmitting data between locations. In effect, we are bringing a lower cost, more secure cloud to customers in Warsaw and an open door to other Edge markets worldwide.” – Dick Theunissen, Managing Director EMEA at EdgeConneX
To read the full announcement about the new installation making it easier for businesses in Poland and throughout Eastern Europe to leverage leading cloud platforms locally, click here.