A marketing and communications professional with an extensive background developing comprehensive marketing strategies for both mid-sized and Fortune 500 companies, Barb has experience working for various Canadian telecom companies and currently manages a range of global telecom, technology, and data centre clients for JSA. Additionally, Barb heads up JSA’s Canadian Division where she focuses on client relationship management, strategy, execution and day to day operations.
Prior to entering telecom, Barb gained extensive experience launching and managing both regional and national brands from a broad marketing perspective for companies such as Coca-Cola, Constellation Brands and Heineken Inc. She has overseen national marketing departments, managed complex business partnerships, launched and managed both national and regional brands, all while staying focused on the overall business objectives. Barb carries the discipline of her practice with her as she approaches any brand or company that she and her JSA team represent, applying a broad strategic view to clients’ specific business goals.
Barb holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Communications and a Master’s in Professional Communications. On a personal note, she loves music, writing, design and travel and is proudly Canadian, enjoying many outdoor pursuits in the beautiful city of Vancouver, BC where she lives with her family. Whether running along the seawall or the North Shore trails, or practicing yoga, boating, hiking or skiing, Barb thoroughly enjoys all that the West Coast has to offer.
Barb’s Notable Accolades Include:
Recent Speaking Opps
- CAPRE Calgary June 18. https://www.capremedia.com/estruxtures-todd-coleman-talks-security-multiple-layers-more-and-more-important-copy
- CAPRE Toronto.May 22. https://www.jsa.net/news/jsa-canadas-vice-president-to-speak-at-capres-third-annual-canadian-data-centre-summit-on-may-22/
- Identified key partners to build collaborative programs and further brand awareness and messaging
- Worked with lobbyists on behalf of client to further government relations – including in person meetings with government officials as well as drafting communication specific to the government audience
- Built and managed GR strategy and plan
- Managed communications strategy including defining target and creating and distributing content
Marketing & Brand Strategy
- Developed new brands (informed by market research, competitive analysis, development and deployment)
- Identified key opportunities based on brand life cycle and market priorities
- Performed full brand discovery and provided full set of recommendations to incorporate into the marketing plan, as well as articulating the strategy and detailing the execution plan