American Tower Edge Data Centers’ new Austin Edge Data Center is now tenant ready. The new edge data center will maximize flexibility and efficiency for customer deployments in Austin. The capital city of Texas is an ideal location for American Tower’s newest edge data center. Austin is the fastest-growing major metro area in the U.S., and it’s become a high-tech hub filled with companies that require flexible, secure and reliable hosting environments at the edge.
“Following the launch of American Tower Edge Data Centers in Atlanta, Boulder, and Denver, we are excited to announce that our newest site in Austin, a thriving epicenter for high-tech industries, is open to help customers enable advanced applications. Our new Edge Data Centers, launching in key markets throughout the U.S., are quickly meeting nationwide industry demands for high-bandwidth, low-latency applications, and 5G technologies, and most optimally support the unique digital infrastructure needs of our customers.” – Whitney Pesot, Product Manager, U.S. Innovation for American Tower
Austin Edge Data Center Features
The Austin Edge Data Center is 260 square feet. It offers 100 KW, eight customer cabinets, 20 quarter-cabinet lockers and three full cabinets. All American Towers’ Edge Data Centers are multi tenant, neutral-host facilities.
Additional American Tower Edge Data Centers Facilities
In addition to its Austin Edge Data Center, American Tower recently launched edge facilities in Atlanta, Boulder and Denver. Features include:
- Turnkey Infrastructure: Critical power (primary and backup) distribution, monitoring, security, and cooling in an all-in-one edge solution
- Strategic Location: Utilizing the ground space of our existing towers, where connectivity already occurs, we create an improved network architecture closer to key operators
- Reliability: Exceptional performance and reliability with guaranteed network service levels and a 24/7/365 Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Security: Secure location with full Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) capabilities
- Dependability: Work with a single, trusted and established company for both tower and edge data colocation to simplify network deployment