Latest product advancement optimizes and extends existing network elements creating new capacity on full or “near capacity” core networks
XKL LLC has released its DarkStar DST Optical Networking System. A progression of the company’s DarkStar optical networking suite, the DST10-10 is a plug-and-play solution that adds to existing layer one transport and boosts bandwidth utilizing unused WDM channels, significantly increasing network capacity. What’s more, the DST10-10 cost-effectively provides up to 100G per 1RU by introducing ten additional waves of 10G.
“Our latest product innovation fits anyplace a layer 1 transport core is already in use and increases bandwidth to the network either by creating new spurs off the core or interoperating with existing optical transport equipment and filling in channels that are not efficiently used,” stated Chad Lamb, XKL’s Director of Engineering.
DarkStar’s DST10-10 Capacity Extender features include:
- Plug-and-play into an existing network, allowing for expansion up to 96 channels
- Add new channels seamlessly
- 10x10G – Ten waves of 10G for each 1RU of rack space
- Add capacity to existing systems, including chassis that are already full
- CLI looks and feels like existing networking equipment
- Optimized for existing network administrators to operate and manage
- Runs at 70 watts per 1RU system
“I am very pleased with our newest product innovation, the DST10-10 Capacity Extender provides opportunity and savings that didn’t previously exist,” added Buddy Wilson, XKL’s Director of Sales. “The ability to simply plug this system into an existing network, and have it interoperate with that network while simultaneously creating capacity, is quite an accomplishment.”