Today XKL announced the launch of its latest DWDM solution, the DQT10 transponder. What makes this transponder unique is its ability to mux waves outside of XKL’s typical 1RU form factor, allowing for network growth and augmentation of existing networks via alien wave injection. Simply put, the DQT10 was purposefully designed for network flexibility. Easy-to-use and field upgradable, the DQT10 enables customers to take control of their network and expand bandwidth on an as-needed basis.
“At XKL, we are always looking for ways to innovate and give control directly to the customer,” comments Chad Lamb, Director of Engineering for XKL. “With the DQT10 we do just that and more. The solution allows for seamless bandwidth upgrades and simple pairings between 10G and 100G products for increased capacity. What I like best about DQT10, though, is its use of alien wave injection to expand existing optical transport networks that could have been provided by a different vendor. That kind of flexibility is what today’s customers are looking for and XKL is here to deliver.”
Heidi Adams, Senior Research Director at IHS Markit, added, “The 10G market for WDM equipment continues to be robust with 10G port shipments forecast to grow through 2017. With the addition of the DQT10 transponder to its portfolio, XKL recognizes the continuing importance of delivering reliable, modular and flexible 10G solutions into this market, while also evolving to meet customer demand for improved scale and efficiency.”*
DQT10 key features:
- Digital ROADM and FlexArc technology, provides add/drop functionality in addition to point-to-point, ring and mesh topologies
- Low power consumption and smaller footprint, reducing recurring costs
- Pay as you grow options when additional capacity is needed
- High density of up to 36 x 10G in 1RU, and up to 96 x 10G in 4RU
- Seamless integration from 10G to 100G coherent products
- Multi-degree support of three degrees per location, without involving Layer 2/3 equipment
Click here to read more about DQT10.
The XKL team will be attending PTC’17 from January 15 – 19. To request a meeting, please email [email protected].
* Information based on IHS Markit, Technology Group, Network Hardware Market Tracker, 28 November 2016. Information is not an endorsement of XKL, LLC. Any reliance on these results is at the third party’s own risk. Visit technology.ihs.com for more details.