Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation Offers Financial and Emotional Support to Families of Children with Congenital Heart Defects (CHDs)
What did you buy recently with $100? From a night out at a fancy restaurant to a new outfit or even an LED television, there’s a lot you can do with that money. For children with congenital heart
defects and their families, however, even $100 can go a long way in easing the burden of long hospital stays and improving their quality of life. From Boppy Pillows that give babies on IVs and other medical interventions a comfortable way of resting with their parents to admission to summer camp, the Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation is seeking your support in improving their capacity to help more of the thousands of children affected by CHDs each year.
That is why the MOHF is currently running a raffle contest, with a ticket price of just $100. Those who enter get the chance to win a diamond and ruby-studded bracelet, valued at $9000. With the goal of raising $10,000, the deadline to enter the raffle is March 9, 2019 – the same night as the MOHF’s annual, black-tie A Mighty Night gala. Already sold out, contestants need not be present at the event to win. CLICK HERE to buy a raffle ticket.
Coming up in just over a week, the A Mighty Night gala will be an evening of inspiring stories, dancing, dinner, live auction, cocktails and even a boutique pop up shop with trendy and highly sought-after items. If you are not registered for the event or cannot afford to participate in the raffle contest, you can always help out with a donation of your choosing.
Donate to MOHF – you can set up one time or recurring donations to help offset the costs of travel, lodging, bills, and care for the families and children affected by CHDs.
Here are just some of the ways in which your donations tangibly and directly help children and families in need:
- $3,000 – Average cost of a grant to a family, which supports a few months of bills including mortgage and car payments
- $1,500 – Gives a family peace of mind that their mortgage payment has been covered during time away from work, allowing them to remain present at the bedside for their child
- $500 – Covers a family’s car payments for two months, enabling them to keep their means of transportation to and from the hospital
- $250 – Covers the cost of lodging for families who must travel far from home for their child’s medical care
- $100 – Purchases three Boppy pillows that provide a safe and comfortable way for a family to bond with their CHD-affected child, connected to IV lines and tubes
For more information, please visit www.mightyoakes.org.