NJFX Founder and CEO Gil Santaliz will offer his expertise and lead a panel discussion at Capacity Europe on Wednesday, October 30th. The panel, entitled “Subsea Projects 101 – Risks, Challenges, and Best Practices”, also features Ricardo Orcero of Facebook, Monica Martinez of Telxius, Rob Bath representing Bulk Infrastructure, and Federico Porri of TI Sparkle Americas.
The panelists will discuss their predictions for the subsea landscape in the next two years, including best practices for new projects and how the industry can best collaborate older systems and assets with new installations. The discussion will be presented in a case study manner and will cover:
- Today’s Subsea landscape & predictions for the next 12 to 24 months
- Architecting new systems for the future from branching unit selection, backhaul, to landing points/ parties & partners. Best practices on getting subsea systems right.
- Coordination & Collaboration between the older system with assets & the new subsea systems. Does it happen? How much can be repurposed?
- How does the transition take place for customers from retiring systems to the new cables? What can we expect when all the new capacity goes online?
- Aside from the OTT’s who might we expect to drive future subsea demand? Research, Media, Government, Financial?
Santaliz will be providing valuable insights regarding the subsea industry, as NJFX has been closely involved in a number of recent subsea cable projects and can provide the perspective of role the Cable Landing Station (CLS) in connectivity and supporting infrastructure. To learn more about why the CLS matters, read JSA’s recent blog post on the topic.