Padtec, a global manufacturer and solutions provider of turnkey optical solutions, announces today it received Lightwave’s highest rating of 5.0 for its Terabit Optical Transport Network (OTN) Muxponder in the 2015 Innovation Awards. The Innovation Awards are Lightwave’s technology innovation recognition program, which ranks companies that drive improvements and innovation in optical technology.
Complimenting Padtec’s carrier-class optical platforms, the Terabit OTN Muxponder was designed to help customers manage high-capacity point-to-point transport. Offering high reliability and high density OTN aggregation, the device supports 2Tb of traffic and simplifies data center transport networks. Data centers require ways to quickly and easily support the demands on their cloud environments and benefit from the ultra-compact size of the unit, along with the potential to lower overall CAPEX.
“We are thrilled to receive Lightwave’s 5.0 rating for our Terabit OTN Muxponder,” says Enrique Lozoya, VP Engineering Sales for Padtec. “This device enables customers to achieve a lower cost of ownership when aggregating multiple data centers. The Terabit OTN supports a variety of applications, including better optical performance and efficiency for high-density, long-haul and metropolitan networks. Padtec looks forward to continuing our innovative approach to developing cost-effective, and reliable optic communication systems.”
Padtec’s Terabit OTN Muxponder features include:
- Compact solution offering up to 1 Tbps in a standalone 19” – 1 RU rack mountable Chassis
- Data Center sensitive power consumption (750W, DC or AC feeds available)
- Pluggable CFP2 and QSFP28 optics
- Flexible architecture enabling a low cost Terabit infrastructure
- 5 x 200 Gbps CFP2 based line-side interfaces
- 10 x 100 GbE over OTN transparent transport
- User friendly management system