With bandwidth demand skyrocketing over the past few years, some of the fastest growth is occurring between data centers, customer sites and Internet Exchange (IX) facilities.
ACG Research anticipates that the optical DCI technology market will jump from around $1.1 billion in 2014 to $4.7 billion in 2019, according to Lightwave. This represents a nearly 45 percent compound annual growth rate. What’s driving the trend? Service providers’ migration of services to data centers and the cloud, as well as the move toward virtualization and automation by these providers and enterprises, the article reports.
It’s no surprise, then, that data center interconnect (DCI) is a huge challenge and opportunity for the industry. Of course, DCI deployments aren’t always occurring under the most ideal conditions. Limited CAPEX budgets, unpredictable traffic growth, vulnerable data breach environments — these are just a few examples of the tricky situations companies must mitigate when interconnecting facilities.
Telamon, an industry leader in designing and implementing solutions for telecom companies, and Infinera, a provider of Intelligent Transport Networks, are experts in deploying high-capacity, secure, efficient and cost-effective DCI despite these tough circumstances.
The two companies are teaming up to share their expertise at Data Center World Global from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, April 4 in room 511A.
This technical joint session will address the following lessons learned from actual DCI implementations:
- Cost-effectiveness: How to perform cost-effective enterprise DCI projects whether for private, hybrid or direct cloud connections leveraging the latest innovation in purpose-built platforms.
- Energy & space efficiency: How to reduce power consumption and footprint leveraging best practices in network designs.
- Quick deployment: Explore the next generation of DCI equipment built around new levels of simplicity.
- Security: How to secure and protect key DCI links from intruders.
- High Availability: Explore the latest breakthrough in photonic integration designed to bring a new level of high network reliability.
Find out more about this session and RSVP here. (RSVP not required.)
If you have not already registered for Data Center World, register today!