Faction® reinforces its position as a true cloud innovator. The company announced today that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has granted Faction a patent for its pioneering work on hybrid and multi-cloud networking. The Faction technology provides a unified data fabric for composing true hybrid and multi-cloud solutions.
As an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud provider, Faction’s groundbreaking approach to cloud networking greatly reduces the cost and complexity of composing true hybrid cloud and multi-cloud solutions for customers. The technology is also broadly utilized to allow access from datacenters into private and public clouds, which Faction utilizes to connect customers currently in 22 datacenters in the United States directly into the company’s offering.
“We’re proud that Faction’s technology has essentially created the hybrid cloud category more than 5 years ago, and we look forward to exercising control of this technology now that we have received our initial patent issuance,” said Luke Norris, Faction’s CEO and founder.
- Quickly and seamlessly connect to the best features of various private and public clouds
- Design a robust cloud architecture that still operates as a single unified cloud
- Be freed from rigid networking constructs and burdensome administrative tasks
- Enable more business initiatives
- Leverage the combination of datacenter, private, and public cloud resources without sacrificing security or performance
- Significantly reduce migration or interconnection costs typical to traditional solutions
This initial patent demonstrates the company’s commitment to advancing cutting-edge cloud infrastructure technology and simplifying how enterprise IT cloud infrastructures are designed, built and managed.