TM FORUM’S OPEN API MANIFESTO
CENX, a global leader in next-generation service assurance software, has announced that it has signed TM Forum’s Open API Manifesto and will work with Telefonica, Vodafone, Ericsson, and 29 other leading global service providers and technology ecosystem participants to develop industry standards for Open Application Programming Interface (API) integration. This latest partnership illustrates CENX’s dedication to driving innovative efficiencies for the global telecom marketplace.
The main goal of the project is to enable highly automated, zero-touch operations and management of complex services end-to-end across digital ecosystems, delivering higher quality services at lower costs. The initiative provides an avenue for companies with vested SDN and NFV interests to collaborate in simplifying the overhead associated with systems integration.
THE MANIFESTO IN ACTION
By signing this Manifesto, CENX is unlocking a range of opportunities as outlined by the TM Forum, including:
1. Delivering agility to the business and to customers by providing a flexible, modular platform architecture.
2. Using extensible Open APIs to expose extensive capabilities to partners and developers allowing them to monetize existing capabilities and drive innovative new products and services.
3. Enabling capabilities to developers and enterprise customers, delivering value at both the local and global scale.
4. Dramatically reducing the costs, risks and time-to-market associated with traditional point integration, and lowering implementation and operating costs for the entire supply chain.
5. Enabling highly automated (zero-touch) operations and management of complex services end-to-end across digital ecosystems, delivering higher quality services at lower cost.
6. Improving business & IT agility to respond to an ever-changing marketplace of opportunities.
7. Enabling a Global Wholesale Connectivity Ecosystem.
Currently, there is no set standard for APIs, which can be problematic when it comes to software integration. Without industry standards in place, there can be a lot of up-front issue mitigation, prolonging the duration of a service launch and driving up deployment costs. By signing the Open API Manifesto, CENX joins some of the largest names in the industry worldwide to create standards that will transform how software is integrated, seamlessly, between systems. CENX aims to contribute to the development of systems that drive efficiencies and improve processes for the global telecom ecosystem.