Maven Wave has been working with Chicago’s Rush University Medical Center to improve patient outcomes by unlocking insights from unstructured healthcare data, the firm officially announced this week. The solution allows Rush to achieve:
- Increased collaboration (both internal and external)
- An intuitive user experience for note search and analysis
- Scalable compute to empower fast data science on a large number of notes
- A single source of truth (via a searchable repository for all processed structured and unstructured data)
- Cost-effective storage for petabytes of data
Who / What / Where / When
Maven Wave led Rush’s migration to Google Cloud Platform and, together with Google Cloud, engineered a solution to map unstructured data in the medical center’s electronic medicalrecord (EMR) system to structured insights (SNOMED codes). With three hospitals, more than 30 outpatient clinics and 900+ providers, Rush University Medical Center is one of the top academic medical centers in the U.S.
Why? What Does This Mean for Patients?
With the help of natural language processing (NLP), machine learning (ML) and other technologies, this initiative helps to:
- Administer cancer screenings for at-risk patients for early detection
- Ensure all pre-surgical physicals are performed
- Enhance clinical documentation
- And more!
Ultimately, the solution drives the improvement of patient outcomes and experience while helping Rush ensure compliance and save time, money and resources.
“We’re only in the beginning stages of this exciting project, which is one of the most forward-thinking data storage and processing initiatives that’s been deployed for a major medical center,” added David Patterson, Senior Principal with Maven Wave. “Once the right technology and change management practices are in place, it’s incredible how quickly the patient experience and medical center bottom line can improve simultaneously.”
The company is a Gold Sponsor of HealthlMPACT East, taking place June 12-13 at the Google Offices in New York City. Patrick Crotty, Senior Principal at Maven Wave, is speaking on the “Warning! Culture Shift Required – Balancing the Patient and Caregiver Experience in a Human-Centered Technology Enabled Healthcare Delivery System” panel from 9:15 to 10 a.m. on Thursday, June 13. Click here to schedule an onsite meeting with Maven Wave.
To Learn More…
- CLICK HERE to view Maven Wave’s video customer story on Rush University Medical Center.
- CLICK HERE to see the session Google, Rush and Maven Wave delivered at Google Cloud Next ‘19, titled “Uncovering Clinical Insights From Unstructured EMR Data to Improve Patient Outcomes.”
- CLICK HERE to learn more about Maven Wave.